Favourite Clan Rivalries?

On 11/20/2020 at 3:00 AM, Stevie said:

That RR rivalry hits the oldies particularly hard it seems

i joined right afterwards 

I was in RR before the rivalry started at one point we even had joint trips with Eos ; Raiders of Silence lol.

Dont remember what exactly triggerd the rivalry but i guess it had something to do with either CL/BK/ or Prannoy etc

I can understand why it brings up great memories for those who where in Eos at the time. 

RR was mostly gmt based where as Eos had mostly eastern members.

Eos was hungry for fights and tried to set up planned run ins with RR wich RR would refuse because of starting time.

RR went out to pk early wich forced Eos to either start with low numbers or crash any fight RR would have. 

In the end Eos did both, the fight i can remember clearly ; RR started with 170ish opts vs 120 from Eos, and it seemed like it was going to be a fast and easy fight for RR however Eos was willing to play the long game. Few hours into the fight and RR started losing numbers while Eos was gaining steady. Fight ended with Eos having 180opts while having a memberlist of about 70 members not including FA's

There are probably plenty of other highlights from the Eos vs RR rivalry,  havent really looked arround for vids.. if anyone has them feel free to share.

4 minutes ago, Omerta said:

I was in RR before the rivalry started at one point we even had joint trips with Eos ; Raiders of Silence lol.

Dont remember what exactly triggerd the rivalry but i guess it had something to do with either CL/BK/ or Prannoy etc

I can understand why it brings up great memories for those who where in Eos at the time. 

Eos was hungry for fights and tried to set up planned run ins with RR wich RR would refuse because of starting time.

RR went out to pk early wich forced Eos to either start with low numbers or crash any fight RR would have. 

In the end Eos did both, the fight i can remember clearly ; RR started with 170ish opts vs 120 from Eos, and it seemed like it was going to be a fast and easy fight for RR however Eos was willing to play the long game. Few hours into the fight and RR started losing numbers while Eos was gaining steady. Fight ended with Eos having 180opts while having a memberlist of about 70 members not including FA's

There are probably plenty of other highlights from the Eos vs RR rivalry,  havent really looked arround for vids.. if anyone has them feel free to share.

i forgot about the joint trips lol

i'm guessing most vids from around that time are probably lost since a lot of our vidders used to host off the site and iirc @Nicholas said we lost quite a few the first time we were ddosed and dropped by the host. b/w that and megaupload being taken down i dont have anything from before like 2011 lol.

Edited by Seth
1 hour ago, Omerta said:

I remember as an FA there was a topic about how Eos had stats better than both Col and RR (I think?) except for Woodcutting, so we were asking some people to start woodcutting. I at the time was 99 woodcutting and remember specifically joking about being accepted for the woodcutting level. I think eventually someone else got word of what we were doing and started woodcutting as well. So even before the long run-ins there was some kind of rivalry. Eos history says Tankhive is what started it up mainly. Though I think at the time we probably did a few sketchy things to BK as well.

Was the first big rivalry for myself personally and was more personal for me. My old clan would hang out with RR a bit, and so when they closed Taytay thought I would join RR. He was quite surprised when I applied to Eos. I had a friend from that former clan in RR (Wolfhunter19 - we even got a dragon chainbody doing KQ together during this rivalry), so was really my first experience with a clan rivalry like this. I also lead a fall in or 2 when we were desperate, and really in general it was the beginning of a lot for the clan at the time. When I joined I thought of Eos as a top 15 - 10 clan and it feels like a lot of us here contributed to help growing it into something bigger, in part because of this rivalry.

eos.png

4 hours ago, Seth said:

i forgot about the joint trips lol

i'm guessing most vids from around that time are probably lost since a lot of our vidders used to host off the site and iirc @Nicholas said we lost quite a few the first time we were ddosed and dropped by the host. b/w that and megaupload being taken down i dont have anything from before like 2011 lol.

Yeah lost a bit on that first webhosting

Also as for Rr and EoS relations souring... I might be wrong with my timeline but Rr being friendly and pk'ing with cor really made us feel betrayed as cor was our mortal enemy. I think that's about the time I decided to break alliances with all our allies, I can't remember if we dropped Rr first or not. Honestly cor were our mortal enemies for years with us spying on each other and them bruteforcing our forums. Not to mention Rr was getting played as it was a recruitment strategy from cor.

0rwe9ET.png

925660969_eosbanner1sm.gif.26880fcd6e488fb8d8b57bb3dec73ec2(1).gif.8de43337133400d740f751c7c5ff55ce.gif

Joined EoS in 2004